How and How Long:
- Disassemble curtain rod and/or tiebacks, removing drapery, plastic pieces and other items that do not require painting.
- Cover your work surface with old newspaper or a drop cloth to protect it from overspray.
- Clean pieces to be painted thoroughly, so they are free of grease, dirt, dust, and lint. If necessary, use newspaper or plastic grocery bags and masking tape to mask off all areas that will not be painted.
- Following the instructions on the can, apply the primer first. Use short sweeping strokes to prevent overspray. Apply several light coats versus one heavy coat. If paint is applied too heavily, it might puddle or run; if this happens, sand smooth and reapply primer. Let dry.
- Following the instructions on the can, apply several light coats of Krylon Brushed Metallic. Let dry.
- Remove all masking and reassemble.
Approximate project time: 1 hour.