How and How Long:
- Use screwdriver to remove hardware from cabinet doors and drawers.
- Cover your work surface with a drop cloth or newspaper to protect the area from overspray.
- If the knobs and drawer pulls are smooth or glossy, lightly sand them to improve adhesion of the primer and topcoat.
- Make sure hardware pieces are clean by removing sanding residue as well as any grease, dirt or oils.
- Following the instructions on the can, apply the primer using several light coats versus one heavy coat. If paint is applied too heavily, it may run or drip; if this happens, sand smooth and reapply primer. Let dry.
- Following the instructions on the can, apply several light coats of Brushed Metallic. Let dry.
- Re-install knobs and pulls.
Approximate project time: 1 hour.